Gallery Assistant / Registrar
|Industry:||Warehouse / Logistics / Shipping|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Part Time|
Ellis King - Dublin
Ellis King, a newly established contemporary art gallery to be situated in the Dublin City Centre, is seeking an individual with at least one year prior experience in a contemporary art gallery, administration and secretarial, shipping, or equivalent for a part time Gallery Assistant / Registrar position.
This person will oversee the day-to-day operations at the gallery, working directly with the gallery owner and director. Candidate should articulate, assertive, proactive, and dependable. An interest in contemporary art is desirable.
The position of Gallery Assistant / Registrar will loosely combine elements of an archivist/registrar/preparator position, though some responsibilities will undoubtedly overlap among other staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General Front Desk tasks: Answering phones, greeting visitors, and tactfully fielding general questions.
Inventory and database management: updating inventory.
Imaging: scheduling artwork/exhibition photography, updating website, resizing and catalouging digital images.
Preparing materials for art fairs and institutions
Shipping: Overseeing all collection and shipping of artwork, organising consignments/generating loan agreements, insurance, managing invoicing from vendors
Archiving press and maintaining current information for artists' CVs; fielding press requests
Overseeing website updates, including images and gallery exhibtions
Overseeing gallery announcements/mailing program
Coordinating mounting, framing, and other artist production needs
Art-handling: preparation for client viewings and help with exhibition installations/organising freelance art handling
Packing and coordinating packing for shipping and/or storing
General daily gallery maintenance and upkeep; Maintain office supplies
Additional support to the gallery’s owner and director as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-2 years experience in a similar position or at a commercial gallery
- Exceptional organizational skills: detail-oriented problem-solver; able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Able to facilitate communication between multiple parties in a diplomatic, efficient way
- Familiar with domestic and international shipping standards/regulations
- General art handling/conservation knowledge (media/materials); comfortable packing artwork for shipment or installation of artwork
- Working knowledge of Filemaker, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and Mac Platforms. Familiarity with Photoshop is a plus.
Flexible start date for position.
Ellis King is to open doors 7th March
Gallery hours are Tuesday – Saturday 10-6. Working some Mondays/Tuesdays when the gallery is installing/deinstalling may be required, as well as participating in evening openings and related events.
To apply, please submit cover letter and cv via email using the subject line “Gallery Assistant / Registrar.”
Short link: http://www.adverts.ie/4758770 http://www.adverts.ie/jobs/ellis-king-gallery/gallery-assistant-registrar/4758770
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines