Gibson Les Paul Short Shaft Pre-Wired Harness (with 50's wiring)
For Les Paul models with a flat top body instead of the curved arch top models.
These normally utilise short shaft potentiometers and that is reflected in this pre-wired harness.
Will work in any Epiphone Les Paul Studio and other styled copies for a welcome upgrade to quality components.
• Emerson PRO CTS 500K Split Shaft (audio taper/logarithmic) Short potentiometers (Matched)
• Switchcraft 1/4" Mono Input Jack
• Soviet Union NOS 0.022uF/22nF and 0.015uF/15nF K40Y-9 Paper in Oil Capacitors and (Tested within the ± 10% range)
The 15nF takes some of the mud of the neck
• 18 AWG Buss Wire
**Switch Tip and Control Knobs Not Included**
If you require long pots message me and I'll change the price. Long version is €4 extra.
What’s so special about this ’50s wiring? It affects your tone in three major ways:
1. The overall tone gets stronger, tighter, and more transparent. It’s difficult to describe, but you might say it’s more “in your face.”
2. The typical treble loss that occurs when rolling back the volume is much less than with standard wiring. Both the volume and tone controls become more responsive, and they react more smoothly without the usual hot spots. Another bonus: By simply rolling back your guitar volume a bit, you can clean up an overdriven amp without getting lost in the mix.
3. The tone and the volume controls interact with each other—something you might be familiar with from certain tweed-era Fender tube amps. When you change the volume, the tone changes a little bit as well, and vice-versa. This may be strange at first, but you only need a few minutes to get used to it.
The ’50s wiring exhibits much less treble loss that standard wiring because it follows a completely different curve, depending on the ratio of your pot. It works best with audio taper pots, preferably those with a 60:40 or 70:30 ratio. Smaller ratios like 80:20 or 90:10 limit this benefit and result in the typical “on/off” or “bright/dull” problem when using the controls.
Terms and conditions:
If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you can return it to us within 14 days and a full refund will be provided. Buyer assumes responsibility for return postage by registered mail.
Postage on this item is at the standard rate, if you want your items sent by registered post please send me a message.
Potentiometers and other electronic soldered components must be returned in an un-used, un-soldered state and in the original packaging.