Browse categories

Dublin v Tyrone 2005 programme

Dublin v Tyrone 2005 programme
Asking price: €4
Make an offer:
Top Seller
520 0
48 more ads from this seller
1 month ago
Ad Views:
Viewing 1 of 1
Dublin v Tyrone 2005 programme


Official programme from the famous 1-14 to 1-14 draw between Leinster Champions Dublin and soon to be All Ireland Champions Tyrone.

Tomas Quinn rescued the Dubs with a pressure free deep into stoppage time to send a gripping All-Ireland SFC quarter-final to a rematch in front of 78,514 at Croke Park.

Dublin led by five points at the break, but a breathtaking Owen Mulligan goal brought the Red Hands right back into it. And they looked as if they were about to go through to the last four, but two late points earned another chance for Paul Caffrey's men.

Superbly struck early Tyrone points from O'Neill and Mellon merely sparked the Dubs, and Whelan, into action. The Dublin midfielder resurrected the ancient art of spectacular high fielding, laying on an exhibition which powered his side into attack time and again.

The Red Hands were forced to absorb the sort of intensity which they are themselves noted for, and when Conal Keaney, Alan Brogan, and Jason Sherlock swept over points, a crammed Hill 16 was in full voice.

Quinn thumped over a '45' to give them the lead for the first time in the 15th minute, and they just grew in confidence. The gap grew to four, and Tyrone could do nothing to counter the glorious fetching of Whelan, despite a brief revival which saw them narrow the deficit to two with 10 minutes of the half to play.

Another flourish from the Ulster men, with Enda McGinley beginning to win vital possession in the central area, made it 0-9 to 0-8, but a resounding finish to the half saw Dublin strike for goal in stoppage time, Quinn finishing from close range after Pascal McConnell had denied Sherlock.

The score gave the Dubs a 1-10 to 0-8, but Tyrone, with a new midfield partnership of McGinley and Joe McMahon, quickly closed the gap with scores from Cavanagh and O'Neill.

And they were level in the 14th minute of the half when Mulligan danced through, selling dummies on the way, before blasting to the roof of the net for a brilliant goal.

Dooher drilled over a point from underneath the Hogan Stand 10 minutes from the end to give the Ulster men the lead for the first time since the 12th minute of the first half. Tyrone were now winning all the breaking ball, Whelan all but snuffed out of the game in the middle, and eventually replaced.

But others stepped up to the plate, including Bryan Cullen, Keaney and Quinn, and it was no more than Dublin deserved when Quinn grabbed the two late points which tied it up. Postage costs €2.50.

If this item doesn't interest you then please check out my other ads. List of other GAA items included below;


Shipping: CollectionPost/Courier
Payment: CashPaypalBank transfer
From sellers around the web:
Comments & Offers

See more in our Gaelic Football category available today