Left Handed Fender Stratocaster Standard 5-way Pre-Wired Control Harness
Our Prewired Kits offer a professional sounding upgrade to the wiring and components that come stock in your guitar. Used in this one is a modern CTS pot with a vintage dished back, it's still a top quality replacement component with a custom audio (logrithmic) taper so that there is no 'bunching' of volume (or tone) at one end of it's travel.
This kit has been specially designed for the left handed guitarist and is loaded with correct Left Hand (also known as reverse log or anti-log) pots.
CTS pots have been fitted to Fender (USA) guitars for years.
With these kits you will notice improved clarity and response from your pickups and control over the guitar and also our kits will help to "warm up" or tame some of the shrill and sterile sounds that can come from stock electronics. We use individually tested NOS (new old stock) PIO (paper in oil) capacitors manufactured in the former Soviet Union and imported from Russia in all our guitars and kits.
These are military grade capacitors and used in the aerospace industry. Noted for their warm tone and rich harmonics these capacitors coupled with Emerson pots have become my go to components for upgrading guitars.
The capacitors pictured in this kit have been tested to exceed the stated value printed on them within the 10% tolerance range and never used if they fall below it.
This kit is designed to be hassle-free with minimal connections to deal with allowing you to get back to playing quickly.
All our kits are carefully and professionally soldered using the best vintage push-back wire for an uncluttered slick finish.
- (2) 250K CTS Split Shaft w/ (3/8") .375" Shaft Potentiometers (reverse logarithmic audio taper pots for left handed guitarists)
- (1) Genuine Oak Grigsby 5-Way Switch
- (1) Switchcraft 1/4" Mono Input Jack (PREWIRED)
- (1) Emerson Custom Volume Mod (Treble Bleed)
- (1) • Soviet Union NOS 0.047uf K42Y-2 Paper in Oil Capacitor (Tested within the ± 10% range) If you require a 22nF that can be arranged, please inquire.
- (1) Everything wired onto an Emerson Custom ground plate (this really makes a difference in taming radio interference and hum) ***OUT OF STOCK*** (Sold on wooden board temporarily) price lowered as a result
- Professionally soldered using Stew Mac pre-tinned vintage push-back wire.
- Add €5 for Optional 7-Way switching (An additional mini toggle switch will allow you two extra pickup selections. Check last two photos for details on this. It will mean that you will have to drill a 6mm hole between the two tone pots on your scratchplate. There is a hole pre-drilled in the ground plate to make things easier for you. Alternatively if you don't want to mess with your scratchplate you could purchase one of our jack plate switches which will be available shortly.
•Tone (Neck, Middle)
•Tone (Bridge, Middle)
2. Bridge & Middle in Parallel
4. Middle & Neck in Parallel
• Bridge Tone Control Mod
Normally there is no tone control for the bridge pickup on a Standard Strat wiring configuration. With this simple mod you can use the Mid tone control as your bridge tone control if you want to roll some of the highs off of that pickup.
See my other listing 'Stratocaster Tone Split Kit' for another option for this.
*Kit may work on Stratocaster copies but some modification of the pickguard may be needed.
Should fit all Mexican and Chinese Strats no problem.
Terms and conditions:
If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you can return it to us within 14 days and a full refund will be provided. Buyer assumes responsibility for return postage by registered mail.
Postage on this item is at the standard rate, if you want your items sent by registered post please send me a message.
Potentiometers and other electronic soldered components must be returned in an un-used, un-soldered state and in the original packaging.