Maintenance Operative (Mayo)
- https://a1.amlimg.com/YWYwNWZhN2U5NDNiMjNlNzc0ZGE5YWExNzYxOWNkMTOAlKb_8sxD3GTA0xxvP0XXaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMjE3ZmI5YTM1YWYxZDYxNDIyNjA5Y2NmYjdiYTE4ZGVhM2U3ZWQ3OGRmOGMxMTQ2MWRmMDljOTZlMjc5MDk5Mi5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg Brindley Healthcare https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/brindley-healthcare/ Brindley Healthcare
- HR Contact:
- HR Department
- Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo Ballyhaunis, Mayo
- 7 more ads from this profile
- 2021-02-22 09:50:00 1 month ago
- Ad Views:
|Industry:||Healthcare / Medical|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Part Time|
Maintenance Operative required for Brookvale Manor Private Nursing Home, Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide routine maintenance services to the Nursing Home
under the direction of the Director of Nursing.
• Undertake all routine maintenance tasks and minor general repair work as requested by the Director of Nursing.
• To check the maintenance request book for tasks to be completed. Set priorities with Managers.
• On a weekly basis undertake the fire alarm test and routine check of the fire doors security doors, and window restrictors.
• On a weekly basis undertake a routine check of Wheelchairs, Reclining Chairs and
• To take delegated responsibility for emergency lighting checks and fire alarm tests.
• On a monthly basis undertake delegated responsibilities for the visual check of the fire fighting apparatus e.g. Extinguishers and Hydrants.
• Checking of water temperatures of sinks, showers and baths. Monthly basis. Keeping
accurate records and forwarding to the maintenance manager on a weekly basis.
• Cleaning shower heads and waste traps.
• Boiler Room: checking water hardness, check water temperatures within the boiler room.
• Keeping accurate records and forwarding to the Nursing Manager on a weekly basis.
• Fit shelves and picture hooks in resident’s rooms as requested.
• Assist staff with moving furniture as requested.
• Keep records of consumables and control of maintenance stock.
• Ensure a supply of matched paint and undertake running repairs of scuffed paintwork.
• Change light bulbs and clean shades as required.
• Ensure that the grounds, car park and gardens are maintained and are free from litter, and are kept clean & tidy at all times.
• Report to the Manager if a particular job falls outside the Training/Skill of the post holder.
• Liaising with trades and contractors working in the home.
• Ad-Hoc duties including accepting deliveries, local business errands and resident errands as needed.
• It is the responsibility of each employee to be responsible for Health and Safety of
Residents, Visitors and Staff, and to report any hazards or potential hazards to the person in charge.
• Must be flexible to work across other homes within the Brindley Healthcare group, assist other maintenance personnel and cover holiday periods as and when required.
• Able to be called upon during out of normal working hours.
• Adhere to all Brindley Healthcare policies & procedures.
• Undertake any other duties or training consistent with the role.
• All employees must adhere to the dress code as described at induction. Personal Protective Equipment must also be worn as directed and in full compliance with Health and Safety Legislation where applicable.
• This is not an exhaustive list and may be reviewed at any time to reflect current or changing practices.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
Experience in Building Trades / Electrical / Carpentry / Plumbing / Mechanical Services.
Must provide Garda Vetting clearance in line with H.I.Q.A. requirements.
All applications will be treated with strictest confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Brindley Healthcare requires individuals to provide certain personal data in order to carry out our functions. We will treat all information and personal data that you provide as confidential, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection legislation.
Full details of Brindley Healthcare’s Privacy Statements are available at www.brindleyhealthcare.ie
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines