IT Service Desk Tier 1 Support Engineer
- https://a0.amlimg.com/ZjA4MmYxYzI5MDQxOGRmYzQ3MGI4OTQ4YTg4OWE0NGNF0-ZNNNDHI03A8Wgydqx4aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZTNmNzdkNjZlYjk4NGI5NTA4OWY1MzdjZGMxNGU5MTkzMTgxMDhhNTdlZGRjMjg1NmE2ODZkZWIyOGY0ZDkyYS5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg CMGI https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/cmgi/ CMGI
- Clonskeagh, Co. Dublin Clonskeagh, Dublin
- 2019-07-16 11:32:32 1 year ago
- Ad Views:
|Industry:||IT / Programming|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
CMGi is a leading provider of Managed IT Services based on the southside of Dublin City in Clonskeagh.
Established in 1998, CMGi has held Microsoft Gold Partner Status, Intel Gold Partner and Citrix Silver Solutions Provider. We a technology integrator with "Design, Build, Run, Support" services.
CMGi is expanding and we are now recruiting for an IT Service Desk Tier 1 Support Engineer to join, on a full-time basis, our service desk team based in Clonskeagh, Dublin 6.
Supporting primarily Microsoft solutions, it is essential that you have experience with:
-Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 + 10)
-Windows Server Operating Systems (2008 - 2016)
-PC/Workstation installation including rebuilds
-Working knowledge of Networking (TCP/IP)
-Microsoft Office 365 Administration
-Working knowledge of Active Directory
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Configuration, build & installation of high-end workstations, laptops & server infrastructure
IT support, covering hardware and software for laptops, desktops and Office 365 deployments
Project Support – Assist with technical projects and other delegated tasks as required
Planned Preventative maintenance – Monitor and maintain business systems, Verify Daily Processes & ensure success of system backups
Configuration of network security solutions including firewalls & anti-virus deployments
Utilise call logging software to record and resolve user incidents within specified SLA’s
Diagnose and troubleshoot issues by applying technical expertise, product knowledge, communication and problem solving skills
The ideal candidates will also have attained:
> Relevant tertiary or recent industry certification such as: MCP, MCSA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security +, ITIL Foundation.
> A minimum of 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
> Hyper-V Experience
- Fluent in English
- Strong customer service ethos
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the team
- A positive can-do attitude, especially when faced with challenges
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Have permanent residency or citizenship status in Ireland
Training will be provided providing a pathway to a Tier 2 role.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Sorry no agencies please
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines