Level 2/Level 3 IT Support Engineer
- https://a0.amlimg.com/ZjA4MmYxYzI5MDQxOGRmYzQ3MGI4OTQ4YTg4OWE0NGNF0-ZNNNDHI03A8Wgydqx4aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZTNmNzdkNjZlYjk4NGI5NTA4OWY1MzdjZGMxNGU5MTkzMTgxMDhhNTdlZGRjMjg1NmE2ODZkZWIyOGY0ZDkyYS5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg CMGI https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/cmgi/ CMGI
- Ranelagh, Co. Dublin Ranelagh, Dublin
- 2017-11-20 12:59:01 7 months ago
- Ad Views:
|Industry:||IT / Programming|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
CMGi is a leading provider of IT solutions and managed services based on the southside of Dublin City in Ranelagh.
Established in 1998, CMGi has held Microsoft Gold Partner Status, Intel Gold Partner and Citrix Silver Solutions Provider. We are one of the few technology integrators with true "Design, Build, Run, Support" services.
We are now recruiting for a Level 2/Level 3 IT Support Engineer to join, on a full time basis, our service desk team based in Ranelagh, Dublin 6.
Supporting primarily a Microsoft platform environment, it is essential that you have experience with MS office, Active Directory, Exchange Server, Virtualisation and Storage. You will also have proven operational experience maintaining network and systems. Strong knowledge on Wireless, Switching and Routing will be highly regarded.
The ideal candidates will also have:
> Relevant tertiary or recent industry certification such as: MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, CCA, CCNA.
> A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar capacity or looking to move into a senior role
> Hyper-V and VMWare vSphere 5.0 or above
> Anti-Virus applications
> Backup technologies ; eg Veam, Backup Exec
> Some Firewall technologies and a good understanding of networking
> ITIL Foundation and experience with ticket driven Helpdesk system would be an advantage
If you have strong customer service skills with a high level of analytical and problem skills, we would like to hear from you. You will also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong ability to prioritise conflicting workload, and a passion to stay up to date with technologies and trends.
- Strong customer service ethos
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of team
- Positive can-do attitude, especially when faced with challenges
- Advanced troubleshooting and lateral thinking skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- General understanding of business and business etiquette
- Have permanent residency or citizenship status in Ireland
Candidates with current tier 1 vendor and tier 2 vendor industry certifications should note this on their applications – importantly ensuring their certifications are current.
Training will be provided in the use our core business applications where necessary.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Sorry no agencies please
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines