Healthcare Assistant- Kilcock, Co. Kildare
- https://a1.amlimg.com/MDBkMmNjNTllYTdlM2RjZGM5MzQzMTZjYzQ3OWQzZTXQ6MWHEJk9RkcnEvbwOIhXaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzMzNDEwNGI0MWQwZmY5ZWVmNDJiNjNlMTIwNjMwNzIwZmEwMzk2ZGE4NGMzZGM1ZDI2NTUyMWQ5NDgyOGYxNS5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg empathrecruitment https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/empathrecruitment/ Empath
- Co. Dublin Dublin
- 8 more ads from this profile
- 2019-02-12 08:53:37 1 month ago
- Ad Views:
|Industry:||Healthcare / Medical|
|Employment Type:||Temporary Part Time|
|Salary:||€10.80 per hour|
Background of Empath
Empath is a recruitment, retention and workforce management company for healthcare professionals and employers.
We are a supplier of reliable, consistent, highly skilled and innovative temporary nursing and healthcare assistants to nursing homes, hospitals, clinics and care providers throughout Ireland on short-term or urgent needs.
We offer candidates the flexibility to work around their college and their home life. We work on a week by week roster with all our shifts being 12 hours.
If you are a college student that is studying nursing/medicine this is a great way to gain more experience in the healthcare industry. If you are thinking about going back to work part-time this may also suit you as you have the flexibility to choose what days, you want to work.
You maybe someone working already in the healthcare industry but in a different sector and looking for a change, working in nursing homes and hospitals will give you that bit more confidence.
If the below sounds like you please talk to us today.
Cheerful and compassionate by nature, you will possess sound judgement, initiative and problem-solving abilities and be able to pay attention to the details. Reading, writing and communicating clearly in English is vital.
• Hold a qualification in Healthcare.
• Genuine interest in care of the elderly.
• Skill sets that could be value adding to social programmes and activities and willingness to use them.
• Someone that would be a good team member and would respond positively to management and direction.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Be caring and empathetic.
• An understanding of HIQA.
General duties and main purpose of the job:
• To work as part of a team of Healthcare Assistants, under the direction of the Nursing team.
• To provide quality person-centred care to meet the needs of the residents.
• To provide high standard services as specified in agreed care plans and to contribute to the continual review of residents’ needs.
• Enable and assist residents to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance.
• Enable and assist residents to eat and drink.
• Enable and assist residents to access and use toilet facilities.
• Contribute to the movement and treatment of residents to maximise their physical comfort.
• Promote mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure residents retain optimum mobility.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines