BIM Manager - Waterford or Dublin
- https://a0.amlimg.com/NTM4M2UyNGYwYzQ1NTY5YmE2ZjY2OTJkMzc3Nzc0MjKDbGDA1MWt1blm0DfoEV-TaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOThiYzhjYjZmMGMxYjU2NjBjYWQ5ZjA0MmYxNzEyYTdlOWMwNTcxZDkzMjU1ZjFmMDk4Y2U3ZDkyZWJjNmQzZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg Gemma Hayes Recruitment1 https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/gemma-hayes-recruitment1/ Gemma Hayes Recruitment
- HR Contact:
- Gemma Hayes
- Co. Waterford Waterford
- 2019-07-21 20:42:50 1 year ago
- Ad Views:
Construction / Engineering
Architecture / Design
Manufacturing / Engineering
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
Overall Role Objective
The BIM Manager shall be an expert in BIM and shall be responsible for establishing BIM requirements and workloads across the company, assigning tasks to his/her team as appropriate, tracking timelines and deadlines and ensuring efficiency in BIM tasks within allocated budgets.
• Establish and implement BIM standards and processes for the company, in liaison with the Technical Director.
• Develop BIM programmes relating to the overall BIM activities set by client/company expectations.
• Manage the BIM team, allocating work as necessary, setting output programmes and targets, ensuring the timely delivery of BIM projects that adhere to company/client BIM standards.
• Attend and offer expert advice during client design meetings during the tender process.
• Manage the BIM relationship between the company, its clients, external consultants and project teams, acting as the point of contact for all BIM matters.
• Ensure designs produced comply with the construction design and regulations and with company standards and procedures.
• Monitor and control cost expenditure ensuring design activities remain within budget.
• Provide conceptual design information to the BIM team in order to support Tender cost plans and estimates.
• Provide support information to the Business Development and Contracting teams on expressions of interest and pre-qualification submissions.
• Identify any design deficiencies and implement proposals/plans to rectify.
• Participate in the collation and handover of completed design records to the client as required.
• Participate in post project reviews recommending improvements to designs and processes.
• Manage the performance development of the BIM team ensuring they receive necessary training and information.
• Stay abreast of software releases, recommend updates and areas for improvement, managing any adaptations, ensuring the company standards remain unchanged and the company remains up to date in BIM.
• Provide advice and technical expertise on all BIM related matters.
• Represent the company at client interviews and other external events.
• Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills
• Electrical or Mechanical Engineering/Trade qualification.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in BIM.
• Experience and understanding of HVAC and Electrical systems.
• Knowledge of construction processes and procedures.
• The ability to read, interpret and understand specifications and drawings.
• Strong working knowledge of Autodesk and Revit software.
• Skill in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and computer aided drafting software.
• The ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing to clients and other stakeholders.
• Ability to delegate, manage, lead and motivate team members efficiently.
• Ability to prioritise workload according to deadlines.
• Technical competence.
• Business and product awareness.
• Creative thinking.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines