Depot Sales Manager
- https://a0.amlimg.com/NTM4M2UyNGYwYzQ1NTY5YmE2ZjY2OTJkMzc3Nzc0MjKDbGDA1MWt1blm0DfoEV-TaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOThiYzhjYjZmMGMxYjU2NjBjYWQ5ZjA0MmYxNzEyYTdlOWMwNTcxZDkzMjU1ZjFmMDk4Y2U3ZDkyZWJjNmQzZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg Gemma Hayes Recruitment1 https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/gemma-hayes-recruitment1/ Gemma Hayes Recruitment
- HR Contact:
- Gemma Hayes
- Co. Kilkenny Kilkenny
- 38 more ads from this profile
- 2017-12-05 13:53:35 1 month ago
- Ad Views:
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
Main purpose -
The job holder is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the depot and the promotion of sales in the respective area.
Key Areas –
Sales and Returns
The primary focus of a Depot Sales Manager (DSM) is to assist in the increase of net sales of the company in their respective area. The DSM must liaise with customers and prospective customers to ensure that their needs are met and that a high quality service is maintained and reporting same to the depot manager.
The Depot Sales Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring the timely and precise administration function within the depot. Each depot is supported by a local administrator who liaises with the head office.
The DSM is responsible for assisting in all staffing matters in the depot, including but not limited to recruitment, training, disciplinary and grievances procedures.
The DSM is responsible for ensuring that a capable workforce is available at all times.
The DSM is responsible for stock levels, correct management of ordering, billing, returns and adjustments to standing orders. Ensuring stock levels meet but do not exceed the customer’s requirements.
The DSM is responsible for ensuring the management and maintenance of the fleet and ensuring that all deliveries are made on time and that all applicable safety and operational matters are met.
The DSM is responsible, in consultation with the Finance Department, for follow up on customer payments so as to ensure that payments are made on time and in accordance with Company policy.
The DSM must ensure that the company premises are maintained in accordance with company requirements and in line with applicable safety legislation.
Accurate reporting of operational matters as required by Senior Management so as to ensure that PTB have a keen and realistic understand of our market environment.
Flexibility is required throughout the week Sunday to Saturday, you will be required to act as an emergency van sales relief should it be required.
Nightly check will be required as agreed with the National Sales Manager.
Personal Skill Set -
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate:
• Ownership of responsibilities and issues
• A clear understanding of the market place and the bread industry
• A clear understanding of PTB systems and processes
• Team player
• Analytical thinking skills
• Ability to participate and contribute to constructive debate re sales strategies and direction
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines