Environmental Officer/Co-ordinator, Wexford
- https://a0.amlimg.com/NTM4M2UyNGYwYzQ1NTY5YmE2ZjY2OTJkMzc3Nzc0MjKDbGDA1MWt1blm0DfoEV-TaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOThiYzhjYjZmMGMxYjU2NjBjYWQ5ZjA0MmYxNzEyYTdlOWMwNTcxZDkzMjU1ZjFmMDk4Y2U3ZDkyZWJjNmQzZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg Gemma Hayes Recruitment1 https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/gemma-hayes-recruitment1/ Gemma Hayes Recruitment
- HR Contact:
- Gemma Hayes
- Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford Enniscorthy, Wexford
- 27 more ads from this profile
- 2018-12-05 17:06:38 9 months ago
- Ad Views:
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
This role is to support the manager in the implementation, monitoring & reporting of all matters related to Environmental on the site
• Maintain and improve the Environmental Management strategy and system for our client.
• Liaise with the Environmental Protection Agency and other local and national government bodies in relation to all environmental matters.
• Manage all aspects of day to day activities associated with IPPC licenses and ensure regulatory compliance and submission of reports in a timely manner.
• Maintain ISO 14001 accreditation.
• Delivery of Environmental Key Performance Indicators for the company
• Provide leadership for the organisation on all Environmental activities via daily/monthly meetings to improve overall performance, including mechanisms for tracking, escalating and addressing Environmental issues.
• Drive projects to actively promote a culture of environmental awareness, excellence and continuous improvement.
• Carry out environmental risk assessments and audits across the site on a regular basis ensuring all site activities are being managed in line with legal and corporate requirements in relation to environmental matters.
• Carry out investigations of all environmental incidents and corrective actions in a timely, thorough and effective manner.
• Origin Green Sustainability Plan – prepare the annual report, case studies, periodic reports, communication etc.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
• Relevant third level qualification or equivalent in Environmental Management/Science
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative and multi-task.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Full training provided to all employees in relation to any task assigned to them.
Due to the urgent nature of this vacancy, our client is unable to go down the route of work permits, visas and sponsorship.
It is therefore essential that all applicants are fully authorised to work in Ireland.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines