HR Generalist 9-12month Maternity Cover 843HRWX
- https://a0.amlimg.com/NTM4M2UyNGYwYzQ1NTY5YmE2ZjY2OTJkMzc3Nzc0MjKDbGDA1MWt1blm0DfoEV-TaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOThiYzhjYjZmMGMxYjU2NjBjYWQ5ZjA0MmYxNzEyYTdlOWMwNTcxZDkzMjU1ZjFmMDk4Y2U3ZDkyZWJjNmQzZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg Gemma Hayes Recruitment1 https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/gemma-hayes-recruitment1/ Gemma Hayes Recruitment
- HR Contact:
- Wexford Town, Co. Wexford Wexford Town, Wexford
- 22 more ads from this profile
- 2019-05-03 11:52:38 1 month ago
- Ad Views:
|Industry:||HR / Recruitment|
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, our client is unable to go down the route of work permits, visas or sponsorship.
It is therefore essential that all candidates have full authority to work in ireland
Our client, a renowned global multinational based in wexford now seeks to recruit a highly experienced hr generalist for maternity leave cover. The purpose of this role is to provide a comprehensive, effective and efficient hr service to the wexford facility. The scope of this position is to provide a complete hr generalist service which will include compensation and benefits, recruitment and selection, leave management and supporting shift managers in people management processes and procedures e. G. Payroll, leave, attendance arrangements and disciplinary matters.
The human resources function is a key strategic partner to the organisation providing a full range of services to all divisions within the wexford plant. The role will involve working as part of a fast paced and dynamic hr team supporting all areas of human resources to include compensation and benefits, recruitment and selection, onboarding and integration, employee engagement, learning and development, performance management, employee relations, data protection etc.
You will provide hr advice as part of the hr team to line managers and employees throughout all stages of the employment life cycle. You will manage the full recruitment cycle and co-ordinate on-boarding and off boarding including induction and exit interviews. You will prepare weekly and monthly payroll files. You will support annual talent and performance management activities and engagement programmes.
The post-holder will be required to adopt a pro-active approach towards improving hr services and processes and ensuring legal compliance. There is a requirement that the post-holder will meet the changing departmental needs, re-prioritising as necessary and working closely with the entire hr team and other stakeholders as appropriate to deliver a high-quality hr service.
• partner with the hr team to ensure that hr policies and practices are rolled out and implemented appropriately across the business.
• provide hr advice to employees throughout all stages of the employee life cycle and assist with the leaver process (including exit interviews) ensuring all departure activities are carried out in advance of termination.
• provide weekly and monthly payroll support and advice to the business.
• manage the annual employee participation share save scheme and complete the annual employee pension process.
• in conjunction with the hrbp act as trusted partner to line managers on employee relations, grievance and disciplinary issues, recruitment and selection, onboarding etc. By providing a professional hr service; ensuring advice is legally compliant and in line with company policy.
• in accordance with above, participate in investigation meetings as required and present evidence and findings to the disciplinary panel.
• working alongside the hrbp, support the effective operation of performance management process and contribute to the identification of appropriate development and skills training programmes.
• prepare management information reports (e. G. Headcount, kpi reports on turnover, absence monitoring, recruitment, magnitude, wise2 hours report and other adhoc reporting that may arise. )
• support wellbeing, occupational health and engagement across the business.
• hold full responsibility for your own cpd by keeping abreast of new developments in terms of legislation and best practice; attending training; networking; cipd events etc.
• promote equality, diversity and employee rights & obligations in all actions and activities.
• other adhoc duties that may arise in the course of the contract
Third level qualification -essential
Degree in related discipline such as human resources / people management or related field.
Recognised qualification - preferred
A recognised qualification in employment law and / or industrial relations
Experience / behaviours
Strong exposure to and experience of ………
• must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience at hr generalist level.
• must be cipd qualified and have clear evidence of cpd.
• strong compensation and benefits background is a must.
• a creative and logical thinker with the ability to deliver practical solutions.
• excellent problem solving, administrative and organisation skills.
• a demonstrable ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
• ability to deal with deadlines and conflicting priorities.
• change management experience.
• experience in employee relations/industrial relations.
• proficient in the use of ms office tools.
• proficient numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data.
Behavioural competency & skills requirements:
Accountability: this means accepting full responsibility for self and your contribution as a team member. Displays honesty and truthfulness and confronts problems quickly. Displays strong commitment to organisational success and inspires other to commit to goals. Demonstrates a commitment to delivery on his/her duty and presenting oneself as a credible representative of the team / department / organisation.
Adaptability: this means an individual who can maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; he/she can adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
Communication & engagement: effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing relevant information so as to anticipate problems and ensure effectiveness of the firm; effectively communicates by adjusting style, tone and level of detail appropriate to the audience and occasion.
Cultural awareness: this competency demonstrates an open-minded approach to understanding people regardless of their gender, age, race ethnicity or disability etc. And having the ability to effectively work people to ensure that they can operate at their highest potential thereby ensuring their personal growth and success and that of the organisation. It is also about understanding and supporting the neds of people through times of increased pace and cultural change so that you can ease their concerns and “bring them with you”.
Decision making ability: identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequence
Ethics & integrity: operating ethically and with integrity demonstrates concern for the degree of trustworthiness and ethical behaviours in our environment. It also ensures that the impact and consequences of our decisions and actions are considered in advance. Individuals practice responsibly within the ethical framework or code of their profession.
Initiative: identifies what needs to be done and takes pro-active steps / positive action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond expectation
Interpersonal/self awareness: the ability to notice, interpret and anticipate others concerns and feelings and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others.
Motivation: this competency means encouraging personnel to give their very best because they care about the success of the business and wish to work towards a better standard. It means generating passion and enthusiasm for what we do …
Planning & organising: builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
Valuing diversity: appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals; working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation.
Work standards: setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully competing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines