Packaging Production Cell Manager
- https://a0.amlimg.com/NTM4M2UyNGYwYzQ1NTY5YmE2ZjY2OTJkMzc3Nzc0MjKDbGDA1MWt1blm0DfoEV-TaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOThiYzhjYjZmMGMxYjU2NjBjYWQ5ZjA0MmYxNzEyYTdlOWMwNTcxZDkzMjU1ZjFmMDk4Y2U3ZDkyZWJjNmQzZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg Gemma Hayes Recruitment1 https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/gemma-hayes-recruitment1/ Gemma Hayes Recruitment
- Co. Wexford Wexford
- 27 more ads from this profile
- 2019-12-06 15:56:27 2 months ago
- Ad Views:
|Industry:||Manufacturing / Engineering|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
Develop & Execute Packing Area Strategy
Develop and implement an Area strategy, across the 4 Packing Lines to meet the goals of the site.
Planning all SQCDME activities to deliver the strategy on time and in budget.
Build Sustainability through people
Exhibit passion for people growth, engage and align all team members and coach and harness diverse talent to achieve individual roles, function and optimal company performance:
- Empower people through involvement, delegation and trust
· Development Planning for success
· Encourage & Foster Team Working.
· Focus on Coaching, Feedback, Performance Management & Evaluation
Develop your local people plan (Perf Mgt, Training, X Skilling)
Manage Resource Requirements.
Schedule, plan and Manage resource requirements for the area. Work with Plant Manager and other functions (HR, Finance & Other production cell departments) to optimise labour opportunities across the site.
Manage cost of conversion in the area, focusing on systems & operational activity standardisation and improvement. ( Losses & FTR write off’s)
Manage process reliability
Monitor & Improve OE. Identification of bottlenecks within the process, report and lead problem solving with relevant area team members.
Analyse & report conversion performance metrics
Through analysis of Performance Data, identify performance gaps, trends and improvement opportunities and communicate internally using visual management standards in the area and externally to site management team.
Facilitate Continuous Improvement
Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing Problem Solving/Problem Solving Group (PSG) activity within the area. Ensure training and periodic assessments to ensure process is being followed.
Short Interval Management (SIM) Process
Ensure that standards set within the area are adhered to through SIM Process – layered confirmation.
Project Design & Delivery
As part of a wider project team assist and manage the delivery of key projects within production cell that have an impact on the site objectives.
• Excellent communicator who facilitates bottom up and top down communication channels together with effective negotiating skills
• Facilitates team development by providing structure, training and time to all team members
• A proven ‘doer’ who acts with speed, agility and pragmatism to deliver results
• Strong logical and clear thinking individual
• Strong self discipline and a structured approach
• Embodies ‘safety first culture’ with full and thorough commitment to continuous improvement
• Ability to meticulously plan processes
• The maturity and professionalism to deal with all levels of the organisation in a factual and cordial manner and capable of writing concise and clear report commentary
• Team player who fosters good will and respect in the immediate and greater team environment
• Enthusiasm for the role of business combined with professional presentation and communication skills
• Ability to make presentations to high level groups
• Flexibility and adaptability in changing environment
• A proven track record of progressively responsible experience of managing a multi-functional team in a fast paced, high tech and high-volume environment is essential.
• The ability to align production strategy with that of the site, both in the short and medium term, seamlessly managing both day to day, tactical and strategic issues.
• Understanding and ability to apply in live situations the principles and tools of lean manufacturing.
Qualifications and Technical Knowledge
• Relevant Third Level qualification in a Production, Engineering, Food Science or related discipline.
• Experience in resource management in high volume environment
• Proficient in the use of MS Office tools
• Proficient numerical ability to record interpret and analyse key process data
• Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines