Production Shift Manager
- https://a0.amlimg.com/NTM4M2UyNGYwYzQ1NTY5YmE2ZjY2OTJkMzc3Nzc0MjKDbGDA1MWt1blm0DfoEV-TaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOThiYzhjYjZmMGMxYjU2NjBjYWQ5ZjA0MmYxNzEyYTdlOWMwNTcxZDkzMjU1ZjFmMDk4Y2U3ZDkyZWJjNmQzZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg Gemma Hayes Recruitment1 https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/gemma-hayes-recruitment1/ Gemma Hayes Recruitment
- HR Contact:
- Gemma Hayes
- Co. Wexford Wexford
- 32 more ads from this profile
- 2019-11-12 10:52:06 2 months ago
- Ad Views:
|Industry:||Manufacturing / Engineering|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
Facilitate Continuous Improvement:
Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing Problem Solving/Problem Solving Group (PSG) activity within the area. Conduct training and periodic assessments to ensure process is being followed.
Short Interval Management (SIM) Process: Check that standards set within the shift (Spray Drying and Packing technologies) are adhered to through SIM Process – layered confirmation.
Manage process reliability: Monitor & Improve OE. Identification of bottlenecks within the process, report and conduct problem solving with relevant team members.
Manage Quality: Maintain product quality and adherence to Quality Systems through management of the team and process to deliver agreed product specifications as defined in quality standards and policies. Comply with Quality / Regulatory policies, Food Safety Programs (HACCP) procedures and product specifications and ensure HACCP monitoring activities such as CCP and oPRP are adhered to. Ensure the team comply to SOP’s for process related manufacturing jobs / tasks.
Manage Health and Safety: Protect the health and safety of all employees through instituting and adherence to site ‘Safety First’ culture. Utilise the SAT (Safety Action Team) and SIM (Short Internal Management) Process to proactively improve safety within the production area.
Analyse & report conversion performance metrics: Through analysis of Performance Data, identify performance gaps, trends and improvement opportunities and communicate internally using visual management standards in the areas
Build Sustainability through people: Exhibit passion for people growth, engage and align all team members to achieve individual roles, function and optimal company performance:
-Empower people through involvement, delegation and trust
·Development Planning for success through PDR (Performance Development Review) Process
·Encourage & Foster Team Working.
·Focus on Coaching, Feedback, Performance Management & Evaluation
Project Design & Delivery: As applicable be part of a wider project team assist and manage the delivery of key projects that have an impact on the site objectives.
Manage Labour: Schedule and plan resource requirements for the operational Areas based on the production plan and schedule and plan labour accordingly. (Short term – Absence)
• Excellent communicator who facilitates bottom up and top down communication channels together with effective negotiating skills
• Facilitates team development by providing structure, training and time to all team members
• A proven ‘doer’ who acts with speed, agility and pragmatism to deliver results
• Strong logical and clear thinking individual
• Strong self discipline and a structured approach
• Embodies ‘safety first culture’ with full and thorough commitment to continuous improvement
• Ability to meticulously plan processes
• The maturity and professionalism to deal with all levels of the organisation in a factual and cordial manner and capable of writing concise and clear report commentary
• Team player who fosters good will and respect in the immediate and greater team environment
• Enthusiasm for the role of business combined with professional presentation and communication skills
• Ability to make presentations to high level groups
• Flexibility and adaptability in changing environment
• A proven track record of progressively responsible experience of managing a team in a fast paced, high tech and high volume environment for a minimum of 5 years is essential.
• Understanding and ability to apply in live situations the principles and tools of lean manufacturing.
• Experience in standardisation of processes and Lean methodologies (Problem solving etc)
Qualifications and Technical Knowledge
• Relevant Third Level qualification in a Production, Engineering, Food Science or related discipline.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office tools
• Proficient numerical ability to record interpret and analyse key process data
• Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines