Production Supervisor 345
- https://a0.amlimg.com/NTM4M2UyNGYwYzQ1NTY5YmE2ZjY2OTJkMzc3Nzc0MjKDbGDA1MWt1blm0DfoEV-TaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOThiYzhjYjZmMGMxYjU2NjBjYWQ5ZjA0MmYxNzEyYTdlOWMwNTcxZDkzMjU1ZjFmMDk4Y2U3ZDkyZWJjNmQzZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg Gemma Hayes Recruitment1 https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/gemma-hayes-recruitment1/ Gemma Hayes Recruitment
- HR Contact:
- Gemma Hayes
- Co. Waterford Waterford
- 20 more ads from this profile
- 2019-05-24 16:41:39 3 months ago
- Ad Views:
|Industry:||Manufacturing / Engineering|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
Main Purpose of the Job
You will be required to lead and manage a production team in a high-volume precision manufacturing environment, governed by ISO 13485.
You will have overall responsibility to track and move work orders through the plant.
The Production Supervisor will work to ensure that all products are produced in line with schedules driven from planning.
You will be responsible for ensuring that productivity goals are achieved and setting direction for the team to accomplish these goals through performance management.
You are responsible for managing the resources at your disposal to get the maximum output from all resources available.
You are responsible for continually reviewing production methods/operating procedures with a view to continuous improvement in efficiency and output.
Experience and Knowledge
* 5-10 years’ experience in a busy production environment
* Previous experience as a supervisor in a production environment essential
* Experience managing teams of 10-15 people
* Experience with performance management and team development
* SAP and Excel intermediate level
* CNC Machining experience a distinct advance
* Quality Standards - Maintain site quality standards and audits at all times on the factory floor in terms of GMP, quality, SOP’s. New and updated procedures must be rolled out in a timely fashion and assessments completed where deemed necessary. Training records must be updated to reflect all training conducted.
* Ensure that all control points and signatures are in place and we are fully compliant.
* Ensuring quality standards are achieved in order to meet customer requirements.
* You will be required to ensure all work is captured on SAP and all changes to requirements should be reflected on SAP.
* Monitor and update production schedule
* Deliver on daily Production Schedule
* Manage weekly Open sales Order Report
* Ensure that there is a controlled amount of work and material in front of each resource at all times.
* Coordinate with Process Engineers on all quality and processing / tooling decisions
* Schedule plant activities to obtain maximum throughput in accordance with overall plan to meet customer requirements.
* Work closely with Planning to ensure that the schedules are not being overloaded and meet the allocated work hours.
* Manage shifts, and overtime to ensure that agreed schedules can be executed in full. This is a very critical part of the job function and it is vital that you do not let the various schedules get out of control.
* Ensure expectations are communicated clearly to people.
* Ensure that team are up to date on training for role
* Coordinate and support training in line with the training matrix
* Ensure in the performance and development of your people.
* Proactively communicate with operators through informal discussions, 1:1 and team briefs to ensure a two-way flow of relevant timely feedback.
* Highlight performance and training issues as appropriate to maximize the performance of all staff.
* Identify and deliver development plans and PIPs.
* Monitor and ensure Compliance to Company Code of Practice.
* Take part in disciplinary processes and investigations where required.
* Work closely with the production team to identify and implement process improvements to maximise levels of efficiency.
Health and Safety
* Manage health, safety and loss control in their area of responsibility in order to comply with company standard requirements.
* Ensure Health and safety compliance
* Complete/support in, risk assessments where needed
Support the Company in other duties as required.
Ensure that work areas and equipment are maintained in accordance with GMP standards.
Ensure that any maintenance and Health and Safety problems/issues are reported.
Maintain company Health and Safety standards including PPE (safety shoes, company uniform, safety glasses etc.).
Ensure compliance with company procedures at all times
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, our client is unable to go down the route of work permits, visas or sponsorship. It is therefore essential that all candidates have full permission to work in Ireland.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines