Purchasing Manager 839 Wx
- https://a0.amlimg.com/NTM4M2UyNGYwYzQ1NTY5YmE2ZjY2OTJkMzc3Nzc0MjKDbGDA1MWt1blm0DfoEV-TaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOThiYzhjYjZmMGMxYjU2NjBjYWQ5ZjA0MmYxNzEyYTdlOWMwNTcxZDkzMjU1ZjFmMDk4Y2U3ZDkyZWJjNmQzZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg Gemma Hayes Recruitment1 https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/gemma-hayes-recruitment1/ Gemma Hayes Recruitment
- HR Contact:
- Gemma Hayes
- Co. Wexford Wexford
- 21 more ads from this profile
- 2019-04-11 15:53:22 2 months ago
- Ad Views:
|Industry:||Warehouse / Logistics / Shipping|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, our client is unable to go down the route of work permits, visas or sponsorship.
It is therefore ESSENTIAL that all candidates have FULL AUTHORITY to work in Ireland.
Our clients, a world renowned organisation in their field, are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, dynamic Purchasing Manager to join their busy team.
The Purchasing Manager will assume overall responsibility for achieving Company goals based on corporate inventory requirements and sales forecasts for the year ahead. The candidate will work to ensure materials, work in progress and finished goods are purchased and maintained under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and regulatory guidelines, within budgetary requirements. This includes all current product lines and new production introductions. The candidate must be a skilled negotiator with experience in the manufacturing/pharmaceutical industry.
Responsibilities will include:
* Source, identify and manage suppliers/partners for raw materials, packaging materials, while assessing ability to meet quality, service and delivery requirements.
* Source, identify and manage suppliers/partners for goods and services, as required by the organisation.
* Negotiate optimum price levels for raw and packaging materials.
* Develop annual sourcing plans reflecting year-over-year cost reductions, quality enhancements and continuous improvement.
* Define optimal sourcing policies regarding inventory management and replenishment frequencies.
* Carry out annual supplier reviews with QAM.
* Lead the way in managing obsolete and slow-moving stock, in the most profitable manner.
* Monitor and drive KPIs including, process improvement, cost reduction, capacity planning and delivery.
* Manage the artwork process for packaging and marketing materials, to meet internal and client requirements.
* Identify and lead internal project teams as and when required.
* Integral link between Local organisation Ireland and the parent Group, reporting as necessary.
* Drive the highest level of teamwork, compliance and customer satisfaction at an optimum cost.
Education, Experience and Additional Skills
* 3rd level qualification in business or supply chain
* Minimum 4-5 years relevant industry experience
* Experience of production capacity and constraints
* Experience of a continuous improvement programmes
* Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
* Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills
* Motivation to drive continuous improvement & cost reduction processes
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines