- https://a0.amlimg.com/NTM4M2UyNGYwYzQ1NTY5YmE2ZjY2OTJkMzc3Nzc0MjKDbGDA1MWt1blm0DfoEV-TaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOThiYzhjYjZmMGMxYjU2NjBjYWQ5ZjA0MmYxNzEyYTdlOWMwNTcxZDkzMjU1ZjFmMDk4Y2U3ZDkyZWJjNmQzZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg Gemma Hayes Recruitment1 https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/gemma-hayes-recruitment1/ Gemma Hayes Recruitment
- HR Contact:
- Gemma Hayes
- Co. Wexford Wexford
- 35 more ads from this profile
- 2018-01-12 12:59:37 1 month ago
- Ad Views:
|Industry:||Warehouse / Logistics / Shipping|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
Transport Planner / Scheduler
Our client, a busy transport company, now seek to recruit a Transport Planner/Scheduler
• Responsible for planning out all vehicle resources & activities in relation to companies objectives & targets
• Knowledge of operational scheduling
• Knowledge and understanding of insurance industry essential
• Good troubleshooting skills and ability to work under pressure
• Carry out tasks largely unsupervised to cost and quality
• Liaise with internal/external customers to resolve problems.
• Specify and ensure levels of support service are in place.
• Prioritise and co-ordinate workloads.
• Working with customers/suppliers/drivers and other traffic desks, planning routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
• Prioritising workload, route planning driver brief and de-brief.
• Liaise with other depots within the Network.
• Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads.
• Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots.
• Ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels.
• A good understanding of transport regulations currently in force.
• Booking driver agency staff depending on workload.
• Ensure that all work is completed to the standard and quality required.
Specific Qualifications/ Job Training
• Minimum of year experience would be required in the haulage industry and good geographical knowledge of the South East of Ireland
• CPC Holder desirable.
• Dealing with RSA Compliance
• Previous experience as a Transport Planner / Scheduler, or a similar role is highly desirable.
Hours of work – Shift Work with some weekend work on a rota basis.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, our client is not will to go down the route of work permits/visas/sponsorship, therefore, all candidates must have permission to work in Ireland.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines