Principal Data Scientist
- Lean Industry 4.0 Designated Activity Company
- Co. Waterford Waterford
- 2022-01-19 16:11:56 3 months ago
- Ad Views:
Employer: Lean Industry 4.0 DAC
Lean Industry 4.0 DAC (LI4) is a recently established state of art Lean Industry 4.0 facility providing services to manufacturing companies focused on lean manufacturing processes and digital simulations and improvements. Our vision is to transform Ireland into a productivity hub for companies through Lean Industry 4.0 and LI4 will be the vanguard of Lean, process optimisation, and operational excellence through the use of technology, analytics, and human-centred design for enhanced efficiencies and productivity.
LI4 will provide the following commercial services:
• Capability Development Programmes: LI4 will deliver a range of credited and non-credited training programmes in Lean Industry 4.0 techniques across the full value chain of digital capabilities.
• Enterprise Excellence Services: LI4 Consultants will work with organisations on their digital transformation journey.
• Lab Access Charges: LI4 will work with organisations who want to use the facilities, software & technicians.
• Testbed and Simulation Services: LI4 will provide organisations with access to a virtual process optimisation platform to provide companies with a virtual digital footprint.
Reporting to: LI4 Principal Investigator
Principal Data Scientist Role:
- this is a 3 year fixed term position working for LI4 based in Waterford.
This is a senior opportunity for someone that is processed focused, has experience of managing data driven process optimisation projects, and ideally from a Lean, ICT or Industry 4.0 background.
As Principal Data Scientist, you will be responsible for data driven process simulations and bridging the gap between business and technology. The Principal Data Scientist is also responsible for building and accelerating LI4's research ambitions in terms of securing national and EU research projects and growing our post doctorate, doctorate and masters by research base.
• Perform data driven process modeling simulations for improvement and optimisation.
• Perform steady and dynamic data simulations of manufacturing operations & processes.
• Perform data analysis, data processing, data visualisation techniques to identify key variables for critical to quality parameters.
• Perform suitable modeling approaches on plant data and develop correlations between key Inputs vs Outputs and develop a right directional path.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Building, owning and maintaining in house analytics solutions.
• Work with LI4 team to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Contribute to the development of LI4’s research strategies and themes.
• Identify and develop research objectives and proposals for own and joint research.
• Carry out independent research and act as a Principal Investigator or project leader on major research projects. This may involve leading and line-managing the staff including their recruitment, probation, mentoring, and performance review and staff development; managing the budget, and taking responsibility for the delivery of the programme.
• Develop proposals for major research projects which will make a significant impact, and lead to an increase in knowledge or understanding, or the development of new explanations, insights, concepts or processes.
• Lead the development of new concepts, technologies and products to meet emerging project requirements
As Principal Data Scientist we are looking for someone with:
• Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level.
• Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
• Strong engagement in high-quality research activity resulting in successfully securing research funding.
• Strong communication skills, able to work with stakeholders from multiple levels and disciplines
• Experience building and optimising ‘big data’, data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational skills and time management skills.
• Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
• Committed to learning and development.
• We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Data Scientist and Applied Engineer role, who has attained a Doctorate or Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
• Working in a leading edge research area and state of the art facility.
• A dynamic work environment that values diversity, initiative and channeling your skills and fostering your creativity and individuality.
• A network of researchers in associated WIT research centres and with our national and international partners.
• Dynamic and flexible workday, which gives you great opportunities for self-development.
• Competitive salary.
Commencement date: Immediate
Closing date for applications: Monday 14th February at 5 p.m.
Manufacturing / Engineering
Education / Training
Tech Support / Services
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines