Artic Driver - Dublin 8 - QED0193
- https://a0.amlimg.com/NDMzYTQ0NTBiNTY2M2E1N2Y0N2U5N2IzMDNhZWMxMjVIG0FNLJyzGv0IvmqR7uR9aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vM2M4OTU1ZDNlZDNlYmQxYjBjODk0MzZmMmViNzU5YjEyMzQ0MWM0ZDQ0YmVmNzBiNDA0N2Y5MjVjYWI3NDhmNy5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg QED RECRUITMENT https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/qed-recruitment/ QED RECRUITMENT
- St. James Gate, Co. Dublin St. James Gate, Dublin
- 34 more ads from this profile
- 2019-09-08 20:43:54 1 week ago
- Ad Views:
Trades / Operative / Manual
|Employment Type:||Temporary Full Time|
|Salary:||€17.89 per hour|
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Artic Shunter (Tug) Driver for our Client based in Dublin 8. This is an immediate vacancy on an on-going casual basis that could lead to full-time long-term work for the right candidate. While the man focus of the role is tug driving, candidates will be required to undergo training on a 9 tonne forklift with 30 keg grab and operate same in addition to tug driving duties outlined. In addition, candidates will on occasion be required to do artic trunking work between Dublin depots and also, again on occasion, drive rigid or artic for keg deliveries (with a truck helper). Knowledge of counter balance forklift driving desirable, but not essential. Flexibility is required in the role.
The role involves:
• Shunting articulated trailers in a busy production plant;
• Undergo training to drive and operate a 9 tonne forklift truck;
• Artic trunking between depots in Dublin on occasion;
• Drive rigid or artic trucks for keg deliveries with a truck helper in Dublin on occasion;
• Full clean EC licence;
• Digital Tachograph Card;
• Driver Qualification Card;
• Safe and confident artic truck driving skills and experience;
• Need to have experience of winding up/down trailer legs and accurate reversing skills in tight spaces;
• Willingness to receive forklift training and any other additional training as the role requires;
• Health and safety conscious.
€17.89 per hour (includes night shift premium). Overtime at 1.5x after 40 hours. Saturday after 12 midday & Sunday at 2x. Where higher pay rates apply to a role, the higher rate will be paid.
The company operates 7 days per week. You need to be available 5 over 7 for primarily night shifts 10pm-6am, but shifts will vary from 6am-2pm, 2pm-10am, & 10pm-6am. Shifts may vary depending on duties assigned. However, there is sensible shift planning from the candidates perspective. The ideal candidate is flexible to work any shifts as required.
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines