Experienced Artic and Rigid HGV Driver
- https://a1.amlimg.com/Y2YyZWNmZTA3MzRmYzE3NjE4ZWQ1YTFiZDg0ZWZiYjmYmIGXCoqFjb2Ill8LCEcVaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZTAxNzMxZDVmMDJjNGNjZWRhZDBlYmJmNmMxNzk1MTY3YTQ0Y2QwNWY0MWFlZTYzMDZiMmRjNzgzYWEzMmM3Yy5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg Shay Murtagh Precast https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/shay-murtagh-precast/ Shay Murtagh Precast
- HR Contact:
- [email protected]
- Raharney, Co. Westmeath Raharney, Westmeath
- 2019-09-20 12:12:48 3 weeks ago
- Ad Views:
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
Shay Murtagh Precast are Industry leaders in the supply of bespoke precast solutions and transportation. Transportation is a key division in the Shay Murtagh story. We have a great team and we are looking to expand our currant Heavy Haulage international and National fleet. This is an excellent opportunity for any driver that wants to work for the market leader in the industry. We also have open positions for crane drivers on mobile plant around Ireland. We are based in Mullingar so suitable candidates should be a commutable distance from out Head Office.
Main Requirements & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities set out below will form an integral part of the role of the driver position:
Qualified and experienced Artic/Rigid HGV Driving experience
Clean valid full driving licence with the necessary up to date CPC license requirements
Ideally have 2 years Artic/Rigid driving experience cross channel
Haulage of long and/or abnormal loads would be preferable
Flexibility in working hours & shifts is extremely important
Looking after any company vehicle in your care– completing checklist, keeping vehicle clean, ensure everything is in working order
Complete mandatory vehicle safety checks including checking any load that it is loaded and strapped safely.
Report any defects or maintenance on various in-company apps and email communication system.
Compliance and accuracy of Tachographs and other paperwork is essential i.e. road permits if required, travel details and load requirements with receipts, cpc modules and training completed
Driving: 2 years
Must have excellent customer service skills
Experience with the haulage of abnormal loads and low loader
Valid and up to date with all CPC modules
Required licences or certifications:
Full Driving License - Category C
Up to date CPC Card
· Wearing of correct PPE.
· Keeping vehicles clean
· Completing Checklists
· Lease with Maintenance Dept. if repairs required
· Keeping taco’s etc. completed
· Keeping in radio contact in a professional manner
· Conducting daily vehicle and trailer checks
· Be prepared to do overtime if and when required. Flexibility on site is required with a can do hands on attitude.
· Be available for emergency call out when required.
· Be available for early starts and late finishes where required
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines
Apply for this job
Please enter your name and email address below.
You will be redirected to an external page where you can finish applying for this job.