Academic Liaison Officer
- https://a1.amlimg.com/OWNjNzMwYjhiN2Y3OWYxOTNlYzQxZmViYjYzOTM4M2PsTjlwj9gNIvHAnmekWldiaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMGE1NzM2Y2NmNjVlYTMzMGU5MjkxMWFlNWRlZWFjYTJiMzllMTBhZDQ5ZGQxOWQ0YTJlZjU3N2U0N2NkMThiMC5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzB4MTMwfHx8aHR0cDovL2F2YXRhcnMuYWRzaW1nLmNvbS9kZWZhdWx0LWNvbXBhbnkucG5nfA==.jpg The College of Progressive Education https://www.adverts.ie/jobs/the-college-of-progressive-education/ The College of Progressive Education
- Co. Dublin Dublin
- 2017-09-26 16:50:23 9 months ago
- Ad Views:
|Industry:||Education / Training|
|Employment Type:||Permanent Full Time|
Since 1986 the College of Progressive Education has been a Leading provider of QQI accredited Childcare & Montessori Courses, Healthcare Courses, Special Needs Assistant Training and Business Courses in Ireland. We deliver quality courses in an enjoyable and supportive adult learning environment.
The College is now seeking a suitable candidate to join our team in the role of Academic Liaison Officer. The Academic Liaison Officer will work closely with the College to support and enhance the relationships between the College, its academic staff and current/potential learners. The ALO will have an ability to relate to and empathise with potential learners and effectively discharge the duties required for the development and maintenance of good working relationships, particularly with external partners such as Education & Training Boards as well as academic and non-academic colleagues across the College.
• Supporting academic and administrative colleagues in the College
• Ability to manage programmes and co-ordinate various teams under the direction of the Academic Director.
• Student recruitment, providing recommendations for enhancements where necessary
• Promoting the College to mature students
• Preparing and delivering, in an effective way, a range of presentations on the educational programmes offered by the College
• Assisting in the development and production of a range of College publications, in print and on-line
• Assisting in the provision of digital information to external audiences across various social media platforms and the web
• Assisting with the Office’s workload in relation to the processing of learner applications
• Working as part of a team involved in, amongst other things, the provision of information to applicants calling to the Office in person, by telephone or e-mail
• Representing the College in association with other colleagues at careers’ exhibitions and open evenings where applicable
• Assisting in the preparation of Open Days, Information Days and other applicant related events held throughout the year
• Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
NOTE: The post of Academic Liaison Officer is expected to evolve in the light of ongoing developments and given the dynamic nature of the work of the College
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• A minimum of three years relevant experience of working in an Further Education and Training Environment
• Will demonstrate commitment to gaining an in-depth knowledge of the various programmes of study and with this knowledge promote The College of Progressive Education to the diverse audiences which it serves. Training and support will be given in developing this knowledge.
• Experience in interacting with audiences through social media in a relevant setting, using an appropriate tone and approach
• Will have an ability to relate to and empathise with potential applicants
• Will have a strong work ethic so as to deliver agreed targets
• Will have the ability to work as part of a changing team, and independently, in a changing work environment.
• Will demonstrate organisational and planning abilities to assist in organising various College events for prospective applicants
• Relevant experience in writing content for publication, online and in print
• Will have excellent communication skills
• Have extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
• A Teaching or Training qualification would be complimentary to the role though not a strict requirement
• Flexible working hours would be considered for the right candidate
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions
- Read our applying for a Job online safety guidelines